For the safety of the children in her care, the Diocese of Arlington, of which Our Lady of Hope Church is a part, requires all volunteers (18 and older) who will have substantial contact with children to adhere to its Policy on the Protection of Children. This includes volunteers in groups such as Religious Education, Scouts, Youth Group, and others.
The Child Protection Policy has a few simple requirements for new adult volunteers:
- Complete and sign the Volunteer Criminal Background Check Authorization form.
- Complete the Request for Search of the Central Registry form, which must be printed double-sided and then notarized.
- Complete and sign the six-page Questionnaire.
- Read the Diocesan Policy and sign the Acknowledgment of Receipt form on the last page.
- Read the Code of Conduct and sign the last page.
- Attend one “Protecting God’s Children” Virtus seminar. You must pre-register online to attend the seminar. Make sure to stay until the very end when the attendance sheet is signed! Here are instructions for preregistering.
You may use the links above to print the forms or you may contact Ben Zumdahl, the Parish Child safety Coordinator, to request a hard copy of the forms.
Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter. We appreciate your dedication to the children at Our Lady of Hope Parish.