Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
April 30, 2018
It’s that time again to register for next year’s Religious Education Program! The sooner you register, the better your chances are to have your preferred session. Classes begin September 18, 2018.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURES & REMINDERS
– Registration Form: Complete a Registration Form for each child. RE classes will be offered only on Tuesdays, with a 4:15 PM and 6:00 PM session.
– Class assignments are determined on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.
– E-Mail Address: E-mail will be the primary means of communication throughout the year. We will not process your registration form if an e-mail address is not provided.
– Learning Disabilities or Behavioral Disorders: In the best interest of your child, please list any learning disabilities or behavioral disorders.
– Peanut Allergies: In accordance with Diocesan policy, if your child requires the use of an epi-pen and they cannot administer it themselves, you must stay with your child during class or designate another adult to do so.
– Volunteer: The continued success of our Religious Education Program rests on the involvement and dedication of parents and parishioners alike. If you are interested in having an active role in the program as a Catechist or Aide, prayerfully consider completing a Volunteer Form.
– Sacramental Grades (1st & 2nd, 7th & 8th): Preparation for reception of the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation is a two-year process. Therefore, students must complete first and second grade Religious Education classes before receiving Holy Communion. Likewise, students must complete seventh and eighth grade classes before receiving Confirmation.
The sacraments are a tremendous grace from God, which necessitate a thorough preparation before reception. If you have a second grade or eighth grade child who did not attend Religious Education classes or a Catholic school last year, your child will need to enroll in first or seventh grade this year.
– Registration Fee: The registration fee is as follows:
– $160 for one child
– $220 for two children
– $280 for three or more children
– Class Session Notification: You will be notified by mail of your child’s assigned class session by the end of August.
If you have any questions, please call the Religious Education Office at 703-433-6564.
May God bless you,
The Religious Education Staff
Click the button below to register online, or you can print a paper form here and drop it off at the office.
RE Office Hours
9:00am – 4:00pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
9:00am – 3:30pm Tuesday
Contact RE: 703-433-6564
RE Class Schedule Religious Education Classes are offered for grades K-8 and most are available at two different times:
- Tuesday, 4:15pm – 5:30pm
- Tuesday, 6:00pm – 7:15pm
RE Handbook 2017-18
Click here to download the handbook for this year.
“I thank God for you whenever I think of you… And every time I pray for you all, I pray with joy because of the way in which you have helped me in the work of the Gospel.” Philippians 1:3-5
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a catechist or aide in the Religious Education program during the 2018-2019 school year! Please complete the form below to alert the RE office of your volunteering preferences.