Register Now for K-8 Religious Ed Classes!
It’s that time again to register for next year’s Religious Education Program! To register for the 2014-2015 school year for grades Kindergarten through 8th, use the registration link below.The sooner you register, the better your chances are to have your preferred session. Classes begin September 17 and 18, 2014.
Registration Procedures & Reminders
· Registration is on a first come first serve basis, and the lower grades fill up quickly!
· E-Mail Address: E-mail will be the primary means of communication throughout the year. We will not process your registration form if an e-mail address is not provided.
· Learning Disabilities or Behavioral Disorders: In the best interest of your child, please list any learning disabilities or behavioral disorders.
· Special Education Outreach: We do not have a Special Education Program within our Religious Education Program; however, each year we plan for a very limited Special Education Outreach. Since Special Ed volunteers are very limited, we must prioritize the sacramental preparation years and even then, we may not be able to support everyone’s needs. In order for accommodations to be considered, an IEP must be shared during the registration process; otherwise, your child will be expected to complete all academic requirements for their grade. Rest assured we will try to accommodate as many students as possible.
· Peanut Allergies: In accordance with Diocesan policy, if you child requires the use of an epi-pen and they cannot administer it themselves, you must stay with your child during class or designate another adult to do so.
· Volunteer: The continued success of our Religious Education Program rests on the involvement and dedication of parents and parishioners alike. If interested, prayerfully consider completing a Volunteer Form. If you have already completed a form, thank you! We will contact you to confirm that your volunteer day and time is still available (i.e., still needs a catechist or aide).
· Sacramental Grades (1st & 2nd, 7th & 8th): Preparation for reception of the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation is a two-year process. Therefore, students must complete first and second grade Religious Education classes before receiving Holy Communion. Likewise, students must complete seventh and eighth grade classes before receiving Confirmation. The sacraments are a tremendous grace from God, which necessitate a thorough preparation before reception. If you have a second grade or eighth grade child who did not attend Religious Education classes or a Catholic school last year, your child will need to enroll in first or seventh grade this year. If your child is in the fourth grade or higher and has not yet received First Holy Communion, they will need to enroll in our special Sacramental Preparation Class (SPOC) which meets only on Tuesday at 6p.m.
· 8th Grade: Classes will only be available on Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. and 6 p.m. As briefed during the spring Parent/Candidate Meeting, the following documents must accompany registration and were included in the Sacramental Preparation Packet:
- Signed Preparation Policy for Confirmation Candidates and parents
- Application Form
- Handwritten Confirmation Letter of Intent to the Pastor
- Summer Workbook (if registering after July 15, 2014)
Baptismal Certificates will be placed in the parish family files for every child enrolled; if you have not done so in previous years, please enclose a copy of the Baptismal Certificate with the registration form, but do not delay applying for this reason. If necessary, submit your registration form now, and turn the certificate in later.
- Registration Fee: The registration fee is as follows:
- $160 for one child
- $220 for two children
- $280 for three or more children
· Class Session Notification: You will be notified by mail of your child’s assigned class session no later than August 22, 2014.
· Website Resources: Please be aware that the Religious Education Calendar Parents’ Handbook and school calendar will be available mid-summer on the Religious Education website. Please check this page frequently for updates as well as parish news and events.
If you have any questions, please call the Religious Education Office at 703-433-6564. We look forward to seeing your children again!
Director of Religious Education