“The Knights of Columbus Scholarship Grant Program.”
The Knights of Columbus
Our Lady of Hope Council 12791
Potomac Falls, Virginia 20165
CRITERIA FOR ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP GRANT PROGRAM
The Knights of Columbus, Our Lady of Hope Council 12791, have established a Scholarship Grant program to provide annual grants of financial assistance to qualified candidates who have demonstrated superior academic achievement and valuable Christian service to the community.
Scholarship Grants for 2023 have been set at $1000.00 in direct assistance for up to four qualified candidates.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES FOR THIS GRANT SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Family must be registered and active parishioners of Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church in Potomac Falls, Virginia.
- Candidates shall have demonstrated Christian service to the community.
- Must be a Graduating Senior from H.S. in June of the current calendar year, and have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA (or have an acceptable GED equivalent for home-schooled candidates).
- Must submit a short essay to the Scholarship Committee for evaluation. It is incumbent upon the applicant to ensure a complete application is submitted and in on-time. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Must be registered to attend a college of higher education by the end of the current calendar year, and be not more than 19 years of age
- Must have completed and submitted a Scholarship Grant application to the Our Lady of Hope-Knights of Columbus Scholarship Committee no later than May 12, 2023.
Send applications or drop off to:
Our Lady of Hope-Knights of Columbus
C/O Our Lady of Hope Parish Office
46639 Algonkian Pkwy
Potomac Falls, VA 20165