The Ladies of Hope are women of the parish who seek to foster their spiritual growth through prayer and fellowship. Through the intercession of Our Lady of Hope, the Ladies commit to serve others in our parish and our community as Christ has taught us.
The Ladies of Hope is open to women of all age and walks of life. There is no cost to join, and no obligations–just the opportunity to develop relationships with other women as we strive for heaven together!
Email the Ladies to be added to their mailing list and learn more about our upcoming programs! You can also find the Ladies of Hope on Facebook.
The Ladies of Hope are dedicated to growing together in relationship with Christ and His Church. We provide several opportunities to study together throughout the year, including:
- ENDOW Studies: Education on the Nature and Dignity Of Women. ENDOW offers two meeting times: Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings. The Ladies are thrilled to offer childcare during the Wednesday morning meetings.
- Half-day Retreats: The Ladies host a half-day retreat during the seasons of Advent and Lent each years. These mornings of reflection include Mass and the opportunity for confession, followed by a light breakfast and talk from a guest speaker.
- Guest Speakers: From time to time, the Ladies host guest speakers, such as Art and Lorraine Bennett (authors of The Temperament God Gave You), Olivia Gans Turner (Virginia Society for Human Life), and more.
The Ladies know that cultivating authentic friendships is an important part of the Christian life, and they offer a variety of opportunities for the women of the parish to come together in a social setting. Some of their most popular events include:
- Wine & Cheese Socials: Offered twice a year, these casual evenings are a chance for ladies ages 21+ to unwind, enjoy a glass of wine and each others’ company. This is also when the Ladies unveil their Spring and Fall schedules of events.
- Christmas Market: A parish favorite, the Christmas Market is typically held the first Saturday of December. The day features local vendors, a bake sale, raffle, and Christmas tree sales, and visits from St. Nicholas and St. Boniface.
- Fashion Show & Tea: The holiday season wouldn’t be complete without this afternoon of fashion and fun. The Ladies work with local department stores such as Macy’s or Lord & Taylor to introduce the latest styles to Our Lady of Hope.
- May Marian Tea: What better way to honor the loveliest of ladies than with a beautiful tea? This spring event is sponsored by the Ladies of Hope, and its true beauty is ladies of all ages honoring our Blessed Mother together. Table hostesses create stunning place settings, and each table features a different depiction of Our Lady. The culmination of the day is the May crowning procession, during which the youngest ladies present flowers to the Blessed Mother.
The Ladies of Hope enjoy serving their parish at a variety of events, from monthly coffee and donut hours to First Communion and Confirmation receptions. Other community-based service projects throughout the year give the Ladies an opportunity to give back to our surrounding community, such as the annual baby bottle drive for Birthright of Leesburg.