Religious Education Office Hours
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
Religious Education Class Schedule
Religious Education Classes are offered for grades 1-8 on Monday evenings from 5:30-6:30 p.m. There is a hybrid option (alternating weeks of in-person and online classes) and a 100% online option.
Register for Classes
- Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. Please read through all the information carefully before registering as there are many changes to the program this year.
- Classes for the 2020-2021 school year will begin Monday, September 14
- The registration fee is as follows:
- $160 for one child
- $220 for two children
- $280 for three or more children
Religious Education classes will be offered on Mondays from 5:30-6:30 p.m. There are two options for classes: a hybrid model (alternating in-person and online classes) and a 100% online option. In-person class sizes will be limited to a maximum of 10 students.
2020-2021 Religious Ed. Calendar
2020-2021 Class Breakdown & Important Dates Reference Page
- Class availability is determined on a first come first serve basis.
- E-mail will be the primary means of communication throughout the year.
- Learning or Behavioral Disabilities: In the best interest of your child, please list any learning disabilities or behavioral disorders so that we may provide appropriate accommodations.
- Peanut Allergies: In accordance with Diocesan policy, if your child requires the use of an epi-pen and they cannot administer it themselves, you must stay with your child during class or designate another adult to do so.
- Sacramental Prep (1st & 2nd, 7th & 8th): Preparation for reception of the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation is a two-year process. Therefore, students must complete first and second grade Religious Education classes before receiving Holy Communion. Likewise, students must complete seventh and eighth grade classes before receiving Confirmation. The sacraments are a tremendous grace from God which necessitate a thorough preparation before reception. If you have a second grade or eighth grade child who did not attend Religious Education classes or a Catholic school last year, please contact the DRE to discuss options.
- Volunteer: The continued success of our Religious Education program rests on the involvement and dedication of parents and parishioners alike. If you are interested in taking an active role in the program as a Catechist or Aide, please call or come in to the office.
If you have any questions, please call the Religious Education Office at 703-433-6564.